Thursday, April 11, 2013

Concentration Written Commentary


 I explored the idea of man vs. nature. I started out just showing how man emulated nature, but I then moved on to more abstract concepts such as how man manipulates and expresses nature. At first, I used plain pictures to create diptychs, but as my series progressed I began to edit the pictures in a way that emphasized what I was trying communicate. In the 8th image, instead of showing how man emulates nature, I showed how man manipulates it. Image 1 shows the human form, which is natural, adorned and changed through makeup and the sign for love.  I began my process by taking pictures of common items and then I began to edit them. I created diptychs in Photoshop and I made my images have greater contrast. I used movement, repetition, emphasis, warm contrast, and direction of light. I used movement to create a rhythm which is evident in pictures 2 and 6. Repetition was used in images 8 and 11. Emphasis was used in all my pictures to highlight my core ideas. Warm contrast was strongly used in pictures 1 and 5. Direction of light was used to help emphasize pictures as shown in images 1 and 8. My final images show the summation of my ideas. I began with images of comparison in images 2 and 9, but moved on to images that showed expression in images 1 and 5.  They show how man emulates nature as well as manipulates and expresses it.

No comments:

Post a Comment